Monday, May 12, 2008

Our latest endeavors

We haven't posted anything in a while.
Here's why. Let's go back to April.

K and J and P ran the Y Run for Kids 5k in beautiful downtown Tacoma. . .




. . .while A raced at Volunteer Park in Seattle.



A couple weeks later, K went to Triathlon Camp and ran, biked, swam and did a dip in the Sound (that's the award!). . .


. . . while A raced in Elma, near Olympia. (24th place out of 85!)

Mom's birthday and a surprise visit prompted a Point Defiance ride.


Then at the Old Town sponsored Longbranch race, A raced for 9th place, while K ran registration (a record number of riders!).



And yesterday, K ran the Tacoma City Half-Marathon while Alex was the lead biker (not pictured).

Looking good around mile 9:

Looking a little slower after the 12 mile-mark and heading into the hills!

Whew! We've been so tired from all the biking, running, and swimming that we haven't been able to sit down and blog. We finally got a chance after a wondrous Mother's Day lupper (that's LUnch and suPPER combined). We love you Moms!



4 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, May 12, 2008, Blogger Sarah Reiman said...

I love it!! Thanks for the update!

Sarah

 
At 10:20 PM, May 13, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am exhausted, sore and surprisingly not hungry after reading and viewing your exploits! Keep up the good work, Suzanne

 
At 2:35 PM, May 14, 2008, Blogger Rhino Overseas said...

Ahh, triathlon camp. I remember my first triathlon camp. I was 7 and my parents forced to me go, insisting that if I didn't learn the bare foot into the already-clipped-on-bike-shoe swim-to-bike transition at an early age, I'd be playing catch-up the rest of my adolescent and adult life. Well, lucky for me, at that fork in the road at about age 9, I decided to go with soccer instead.

Excited to hear about the camp, Tina, and see if use also did the "How to retaliate after being kicked in the face by a fellow swimmer" course.

 
At 3:30 PM, May 14, 2008, Blogger Lizzie said...

Yay! Now maybe I'll actually get up in the morning for a run before work instead of succumbing to my sore legs post three hours of dancing. You two are my main motivation. Nice to see pictures again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home