Budapest
January trip to Budapest = COLD!! We took the overnight train with a handful of friends (13 of us!). We only had 3 incidents with pick-pockets and Alex got his wallet back with all the money in it! Budapest is a beautiful city but I'm sure glad to be back home in Prague.



Our friends Brandon and Alena (from Washington too!):

Budapest at night:

When in Hungary. . . . watch NFL. Of course
you couldn't expect us to miss the big game!
you couldn't expect us to miss the big game!

Budapest has a huge underground labyrinth filled with amazing sculptures and art.
This horse is carved out of the original stone:
So, this is one of the best marketing campaigns I've ever seen: "The Largest Eastern European Outdoor Communist Statue Park" Just from the name we should have known.Its not big, its very cold and the bus only comes every 90 minutes. But we had fun!










1 Comments:
You guys make awfully good statues! And were you as fired up about the superbowl as I was. I'm not sure which game the refs were watching but it sure wasn't the same one as me. My Aussie flatmates understood the game of football better than those refs...Blimey!
Much love to you both : )
Post a Comment
<< Home