Saturday, June 09, 2007

Spring Bike Racing

I've been able to race my bike several times this spring, and here are some of the pictures and stories of a few of the races I have done.

To give everyone a clear picture of my racing history, I'll say that in the spring of 2004 I raced a few times, including the Mutual of Enumclaw stage race. In the winter of 2005 was my infamous crash that broke my leg. Needless to say, I raced my bike twice before we went to Prague. After our return from Prague, I was anxious to get back into bike racing. I rejoined the team that I had ridden for previously: Old Town Bicycle. And with my all my bike commuting, I have a fair amount of endurance that has translated into some success on the bike. Here are some pictures:

Matt and I lined up for the start of a Tuesday Night Race.



Longbranch Road Race--I'm way in the back in this picture...But I crossed the line in 1st place!

Mutual of Enumclaw Road Race--the start.

At the top of Mud Mountain in the rain...
And sprinting for 6th place.



Finishing 2nd at Pacific Raceways on another Tuesday.
There are more races coming up, so I'll keep you posted! I recently upgraded from Category 5 (the lowest, most beginner) to Category 4, so we'll see what happens!

2 Comments:

At 4:57 AM, June 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish i could come watch you!!!!!
rina

 
At 11:40 PM, June 19, 2007, Blogger Lizzie said...

Yay for the upgrade! Before we all know it you'll be in category 1... that has to be like the Tour de France- right? ;) Miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home