The City of Brotherly Love
Over Memorial Day Weekend I travelled* to Philadelphia to see my brother.


My brother is a kick-ass bike racer and about three hours after I arrived we headed to Baltimore, Maryland for a bike race.
Getting ready for the race:

The loyal fans:

Jo is pretty easy to spot. He's always the tallest guy out there. He's wearing the blue-coloured* jersey on and he's right in the center of this picture.
Here comes Johann, pumping those pistons he calls legs!**
He's fourth in this picture, not counting that first guy's fanny*.

A little harder to see but he's coming around the outside on this one.

Sprint finish - he's in the upper right hand corner, number 343.

He got fifth! The presentation of the big cheque*:
The next morning, I got to ride with Jo and a couple of guys from his team. It's amazing how quickly you get to these beautiful green roads from downtown Philly.

Then, that same day, we headed to New Jersey for a wedding.
It was in a tiny little town in this beautiful, old church.
The reception was at the bride's family's house in the New Jersey countryside. We were lucky enough to get a picture with the bride and groom.
The first dance:

Back in Philly on Monday we enjoyed Jo's world-famous cinnamon rolls before heading out for some sightseeing.

Jo lives in a pretty cool old neighborhood. This is his front stoop. (I mention the stoop because I know Sarah loves them and Alex hates them!)
Philadelphia is a really cool city. It has a ton of history and has some pretty interesting sights.
My favorite Philly spot: life-sized chess pieces.

We even saw some Red Coats hanging around.

I got a tour of the UPenn Campus - don't they look smart?

And spent some quality time with old Ben.
Has anyone got* a Liljengren Walker in their wallet?
My brother is a kick-ass bike racer and about three hours after I arrived we headed to Baltimore, Maryland for a bike race.
Getting ready for the race:
The loyal fans:
Jo is pretty easy to spot. He's always the tallest guy out there. He's wearing the blue-coloured* jersey on and he's right in the center of this picture.
He's fourth in this picture, not counting that first guy's fanny*.
A little harder to see but he's coming around the outside on this one.
Sprint finish - he's in the upper right hand corner, number 343.
He got fifth! The presentation of the big cheque*:
Then, that same day, we headed to New Jersey for a wedding.
Back in Philly on Monday we enjoyed Jo's world-famous cinnamon rolls before heading out for some sightseeing.
Jo lives in a pretty cool old neighborhood. This is his front stoop. (I mention the stoop because I know Sarah loves them and Alex hates them!)
We even saw some Red Coats hanging around.
I got a tour of the UPenn Campus - don't they look smart?
And spent some quality time with old Ben.
Thanks for the awesome weekend and the tour of four states J & G!
*British Spelling
**With British accent, courtesy of Phil Liggett.
*British Spelling
**With British accent, courtesy of Phil Liggett.

2 Comments:
I love the stoop!!!
I have Alex and Matt on as my wallpaper, and Bennett in the past, I may have another cycle hero to use! Way to go!
Post a Comment
<< Home