"I Compost" or "I am Turning into My Parents"
A couple of days after we moved into our new house, look what arrived on our back step! For those of you not familiar with this device, it's a SolarCone. Used for composting efficiently and smell-free in the comfort of your own backyard. My dad should be a spokesman for the company but I have been completely sold on the merits of "The Green Cone" after having 2 in the family for years.
The set up: First, you dig a deep hole in the ground for the basket. (Luckily the previous owners left us many useful tools).
Then, the black cone goes on, followed by the green cone. Then you wrestle with "self-tapping screws" for a good half hour and there you have it - your green cone! Heat gets trapped inside the two cones which speeds up the composting process and makes it super efficient. Also, because of the basket in the ground, worms and dirt and useful things can get in to help with the natural process.
The set up: First, you dig a deep hole in the ground for the basket. (Luckily the previous owners left us many useful tools).
Then, the black cone goes on, followed by the green cone. Then you wrestle with "self-tapping screws" for a good half hour and there you have it - your green cone! Heat gets trapped inside the two cones which speeds up the composting process and makes it super efficient. Also, because of the basket in the ground, worms and dirt and useful things can get in to help with the natural process.



4 Comments:
i love it! hopefully its a hit with the neighbors and youll make some new friends:) i guess this also puts you into favorite child status. wah. love you!
rina
I don't even think there is a seperate truck in Philadelphia for garbage and recycling, they just tell you they are recycling it. I feel like after my Thanksgiving trip, I should be giving you a close run for 2nd Rines.
That is SO cool, tina. Where can I get one?
you are adorable. i love living vicariously through you and the joys of homeowning while i try to figure out specialized korean trash bags!
Post a Comment
<< Home